HOW DO I ENROLL AN APPRENTICE?
LET US KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED!!!
- Please let us know as soon as possible the number of employees you plan to enroll. We will send you an application and instructions for completing application
- Return applications no later than the deadline for that generation to WCCA 2470 Patterson Rd. #14 Grand Junction, CO. 81505
- An application committee will review all applications and sponsor businesses will be contacted regarding acceptance to the program. Space is limited for first year apprentices.
- All Apprenticeships will start Fall of current year and run through graduation at the completion (average 3 years) when all requirements are met.
WHAT CAN EMPLOYERS EXPECT?
- Company human resource (HR) representative to work with WCCA and Department of Labor staff reporting hours, wages and class competition of an apprentice.
- Agreements between Sponsor and WCCA and between Apprentice and Sponsor.
- HR representative to report OJT hours to CDOT for Sponsor Company.
- Time and wages allowed for apprentice to attend classroom instruction. All classes are scheduled during the slowest part of the year so OJT hours may be available the rest of the year.
- Provide an affirmative action statement and a wage increase schedule to accompany applications.
- LESS money spent in travel expenses to acquire apprenticeship in Colorado.
- A fully trained, accredited, skilled worker at the end of the apprenticeship.
(see application for more information)